PRE-DOCKING INSPECTION SURVEY
Most client or class specific surveys can be executed even before the respective vessel is even in dry-dock. For vessel owners this means that they have a comprehensive picture of the vessel condition before a maintenance period is started.Our aim in these cases is to inspect the vessel on all relevant class and owner specific items and identify the problem areas. If needed we then follow up with a full renewal report stating the location, size and estimated weight of the renewals.
This way we can prevent a lot of unexpected work that needs to be done in dry dock and this in turn can minimize additional expenses.
Pre-dock Project Management
Alternative supply sourcing and assessment.
Define parts scope.
Define work scope.
Detailed work plan for each piece of equipment
Project software utilisation and reporting
Risk assessment and contingency planning (“what if” scenarios)
Classification society, yard and contractor liaison
Plan integration to overall dock plan.
MIEC offers a dedicated & qualified staff consisting of Ex-chief engineers, Shipyard production engineers, coating inspectors, certified steel , and electrical inspectors to ensure a safe and economical dry docking of their vessels.
The Advantage of Dry-dock Supervision:
• Dry-dock management responsibility at a single point
• Releases clients staff from being based for long periods at the repair yard
• Vessel superintendent, in turn, is able to concentrate on critical and operational issues affecting the other vessels under his charge
• Reduce workload on Superintendents
• Bring in expertise depending upon the severity of the task
• Experienced specialist staff bring in savings to the client
• Effective cost control and reporting
Scope of work:
• Prepare repair spec
• Comparison of costs
• Specialist service
• Expedite logistics
• Arrange surveys
Daily updates on critical repair issues:
• Work done reports
• Costs incurred
• Surveys carried out
• Spares and stores
• Lubes and hydraulic oils
• Any other issues that may impact dry docking budgets
MIEC Consultancy Services
Registration No: 2428417
© 2018 - 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Where We Are
1214, Pablo Ocampo Rd Pasay
Manila Philippines 1000