ISM - ISPS - MLC Audits
Audits to ensure compliance with the company's Safety & Security procedures.
Due to a number of spectacular accidents at sea, the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), by introducing the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, launched a powerful campaign towards the improvement of safety standards in shipping. In May 1994, the IMO Maritime Safety Commitee (MSC) and the SOLAS Conference, enforced the application of the ISM Code in chapter IX of the International Convention for Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS).
Internal ISM-ISPS-MLC Audits on board
We can attend any type of ship or vessel, to carry out internal audits of the ISM-ISPS-MLC
The management systems must be introduced and certified for all operators and applies to:
- passenger ships and high speed crafts of any size by 01 Jul 1998
- oil and chemical tankers, gas carriers, bulk carriers and high speed craft 500 GRT and above, by 01 Jul 1998
- all other cargo ships and MODUs 500 GRT and above, by 01 Jul 2002
We offer ISM-ISPS-MLC Internal Audits services locally – based, so operators can save travel expenses to their in-house auditors. We can audit the system following our own procedures or can adapt to the operator’s audit procedures, guidelines and templates.
ISM Internal Audits can be carried out in the following ports: All the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam ports.
Purpose of ISM-ISPS-MLC Internal Audits
With on board Internal Audits, we verify:
- System effectiveness
- Compliance with instructions
- Process interfaces and interactions
- Compliance with rules and regulations
And we identify:
- Potential risks and failures
- Possible improvements
- Needs of motivation, communication and training.
Harmonised Internal Audits
Along with ISM Internal Audits on board, we offer harmonised Internal Audits of the ISPS System and the MLC. The benefits of harmonised audits are:
- Reduction of frequecncy of audits
- Effective utilisation of time and personel resources
- Minimising operational disturbance
- Better acceptance by ship’s staff
MLC verification audit on board
We can attend any type of ship or vessel, to carry out MLC verification audits.
The MLC Convention covers the following areas:
- Minimum requirements for seafarers to work on a ship
- Conditions of employment
- Accommodation, recreational facilities, food and catering
- Health protection, medical care, welfare and social security protection
- Compliance and enforcement
MIEC Consultancy Services
Registration No: 2428417
© 2018 - 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Where We Are
1214, Pablo Ocampo Rd Pasay
Manila Philippines 1000